The mandate of the department
To function as a strategizing body for Ministry’s Technology and communication system and offer effective and efficient services to departments and the Units. Additionally, to function as a high quality, accurate and timely provider of Ministry’s information to the public by using all available forms of media and also ensuring Somaliland One-Stop Shop implementation strategy.
- Develop, support, and promote Ministry goals, including message development, social media content creation, and media outreach.
- Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders and lawmakers.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors, and customer audiences that will help advance our work.
- Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them.
- Work closely with leaders and executives to develop and strengthen employee engagement activities
- Providing information and documents to the public and media on the Ministry activities
- Making transparent the works and activities of the Ministry both to the public as well as local and international institutions
- Collecting, processing, and publishing information on works and activities of the Ministry
- Supervising and maintaining the official webpage of the Ministry
- Preparing materials and brochures for publication and distribution to inform the public on the activity of the Ministry
- Participating in direct meetings of the Minister and high delegations within and outside the country in order to provide accurate information to the public
- Drafting the communication strategy annually based on the Ministry work plan
- Cooperating with the media in organizing press conferences and interviews as well as providing information and drafts summaries out of media presentation
- Issuing statements, announcements, reports, and other publications to public opinion.
- Responsible for the formulation of the unit’s risk management framework, risk profiling, risk reporting, and monitoring.
- Identify the ICT needs of the office of the ministry departments in consultation with other staff, communicating with users to formulate and produce a requirements specification to create system and software solutions.
- Develop and manage a database covering overall business operations and activities of the assigned institutions.
- Ensuring that Ministry systems are compatible with and other civil services IT applications
- Create, maintain and manage technical quality assurance processes and procedures to assess efficiency, validity, value, and functional performance of computer systems and environments
- Ensuring adherence to accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations
- Plan, organize direct, control, and coordinate the acquisition, development, maintenance, and use of ICT systems. Tasks will include:
- Analyzing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs;
- Formulating and directing information and communication technology strategies, policies, and plans;